DAY 24: Today, not much of anything interesting happened. DURING THE DAY. In the evening however, I went to a соседники event at a bar called The Other Side. It was a CIEE (the program I'm here with) sponsored thing, and the idea is that it's basically speed dating, but for making friends instead of getting a date. Whoever I end up with doesn't really matter though, as I exchanged phone numbers with many russian people there, including one Feodor, who we met earlier in my story. That's pretty much it for the day though. I'll let you know who I end up with later.
The Russian TV thing? Okay. So I saw a poster on the street for the familiar American TV show, House M.D. However, something was off, and I stopped as I read it. It was spelled out right there. Доктор Хоус. Does anyone have a decent Russian translator? the translator widget on you Mac doesn't count this time, just like it didn't work when you tried to translate соседники. Sorry. Translated back to english, Доктор Хоус means "Doctor Chaos."
Somehow, I find this appropriate.
Wow, that sounds more like the name of a comic book villain. Do they refer to him like that in the actual show?
ReplyDeleteHilarious.
They refer to him as Хоус, which simply means "Chaos."
ReplyDeleteI don't know if they acknowledge the hilarity of the name here. But I do.
"Dr. Chaos" is House's alternate super hero identity. The Russians - with their advanced network of spies and surveilance equipment - simply found out about it first.
ReplyDelete