Sunday, February 28, 2010

DAY 33, other recent days, and notes besides

Today wasn't really that interesting, honestly. Yesterday was cool though. I went to Храм Спаса на Крови (Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood). It's a pretty awesome looking building. After that, there was lunch and hanging out at The Other Side for a crazy amount of time, followed by not a movie. So basically, the weekend was all about small talk and hanging around. And that's fine. I still need to fix my black pants though.
Oh, and I got my first test back. Got a 5. Don't know what that means? Well.

I was asked to describe a normal day for me. I'll get to it eventually. Not today though I don't think.

DID YOU KNOW?

Cigarettes in Russia are very cheap. Hey dad, I figure you don't read this, but over here your Camels cost about 38 rubles a pack. That's $1.27! Congratulations, smokers.

Russians don't keep their personal lives secrets. If you ask them "Как дело?" You may get an EXTREMELY long answer. Take a seat.

Time doesn't seem to be important. If a Russian is 10-25 minutes late, it generally doesn't matter to anyone. I'm still as punctual as ever though.

Parking. Parking, parking, parking. From what I've been able to figure, there are no parking laws here. I've seen cars parked on the side of the road, at corners, in crosswalks, on sidewalks, and generally anywhere. If they started enforcing parking laws, even with 75% of the police force being corrupt, the state could make some serious money.

and hey people, I only have about 83 days left of school here. How crazy is that? and then it's only an 11-day jaunt around eastern Europe before I'm back in Northfield. My flight comes in 6:55pm on June 2nd. Who wants to pick me up? (I WILL hold you to this!)

I'm having fun. Wednesday I might see a movie? In any case, I guess that's all I have to update for now. March starts tomorrow.

Evan

1 comment: