Thursday, April 22, 2010

Oddities and ends

Trica is less than 2 days away. I'm on team International Affair, with Danl Haas, Sam Dunnewold, and Annie Kleinschmidt. We're the first international team Ever. So I hope we win and can be the first International Champions. (World Champions?)

The ball is tomorrow!

Finally, more Russian Oddities for you, mostly medical:

-When I first got this eye problem and thought I scratched my cornea, my host mom told me it was because I spend too much time on the computer. What?

-When my eye problem turned out to be a virus, my host mom maintained that I caught it from the computer.

-Also, when it first happened she had me put tea in my eye. Again, what?

-I was sick about 2 weeks ago. I had a stomach ache and a sore throat and generally no energy. My host mom told me it was because I went outside without a jacket. It was 60F. Also that makes no sense.

-When Jarlath and I went to the eye clinic, we had to bribe the secretary.

-Our shower always smells like cabbages. I, however, do not.

-I think I'm probably going to freak out when I see a toilet that has a handle again. They all have buttons on the top here.

-Almost all of you have a Russian version of yourselves. Just not Annie, Brooke, or my mom.

-Women between the ages of 8 and 60 all seem to dress like they're in their mid-twenties.

-Bacon flavored potato chips.

4 comments:

  1. Funny!! She has probably heard about computer viruses!
    So, elaborate! Why do you bribe the secretary, and with what??
    Yummy. Bayconnnnn!
    You should write a book. You write so well.
    Have fun at the ball, Cinderfella!! Let us know all about it.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is, without a doubt, the weirdest comment I have gotten thus far.

    The bacon chips are WEIRD.

    We bribed the secretary. With money. So I could see a doctor. I guess they didn't like Americans withe eye problems very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chaz bought some steak and onion flavored chips here... I thought they were pretty good! ^_^
    <3Annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've met Russian Danl?

    HE PROMISED ME HE'D KEEP A LOW PROFILE.

    No but seriously tell me about him.

    ReplyDelete