In some news, I'm not sick anymore! Awesome.
Also, I went to the Marinsky Theater last night and saw Tolstoy's Anna Karenina. The ballet. No joke. The Marinsky was beautiful, and the whole thing was very well orchestrated. There were some technical difficulties, but nothing that ruined the experience or anything. Plus, I got to dress up! It's taken quite a while, but I've finally worn a suit in Russia. I might do it more often. I was nervous about squeezing into my dress pants, but clearly I've lost weight. They were a bit tight when I last wore them (Dan Rohlf's 21st birthday, when we all got dressed up), but there is now officially EXTRA ROOM. Crazy, because my host mom cooks so much food, and I eat until I physically can't for pretty much every meal.
What else? Pretty much everything is good to go on the train trip, and Lisa and I are more or less officially visiting California Family on June 6th-13th. (Nice.) I'm most likely visiting Vegas friends afterwards. Rockin'. I still have to wait until July 26th for Annie to return to America though. Boo.
What other news? Oh, don't send me packages. There's a block in international shipping here right now, due to the bombings. Aw dang.
Evan
p.s. Lisa I have a postcard with a picture of cats in front of the Hermitage for you I'll give it to you in person when I get home
No comments:
Post a Comment