Well, for one thing, it has been SUNNY FOR 2 DAYS. I feel like this must be like a record for this city. It's normally rainy/snowy or overcast pretty much every day. But here I am, and it's beautiful. Earlier today, I even joined in with all the anonymous middle aged Russian folks at the park who were just sitting on benches, closing their eyes, and soaking in the sunlight. It was awesome.
After that, I paid for another month of this internet that I'm enjoying so much, and then accompanied my friend Hayley to Окей. I had never been there before. It was amazing to me. I had gotten so used to продукты that I had forgotten what a real supermarket was like. It was like a K-Mart and a Cub Foods rolled into one. I say K-Mart because it wasn't up to Target quality. It was also very busy. But anyways, Hayley was on a quest for peanut butter, which she happily bought 2 containers of. I myself purchased 4 Kinder Eggs (YES!) and as of yet have not eaten any of them. I'll have one after dinner, I'm sure (pelmeni today). I also bought cashews because they're great. And that pretty much brings us up to the present.
What have I missed recently? I know that my host mom and Kirsti's host mom were force-feeding us champagne last friday... They're best friends and we think they're trying to set us up, but we both have other people back home, so good luck. Um... I don't know. March 8th was earlier this week, which meant gifts for all women everywhere. Awesome? I got my host mom truffles. She loves truffles.
In the future, I'm playing guitar publicly tomorrow! There's a music discussion going on at Смольный tomorrow evening, with musical acts, and due to my incessant guitar-playing in the hallways, the guys who are setting it up asked me if I could play. I said yes. Hopefully I've been practicing enough? I'll let everybody know I suppose.
Kinder Eggs!
Evan
This posting makes me smile! It's sounds like you are having so much fun.
ReplyDeleteGlad the weather is getting nicer. I hear that in Tel Aviv now it's in the 90's! I hope you are ready for that.
If your host mom knew Annie, she wouldn't be trying to set you up with Hayley. You are such a good kid, Evan. I bet your host mom loves you as much as she loves truffles! I do like this gift idea.
I looked up the Pelmeni recipe on-line. It actually sounds good. Do you like it? Does she make the dough from scratch? Is it all right to be in her kitchen to watch her make it?
It is definitely cool that those guys want you to play your guitar. I miss your guitar playing!
I want Kinder Eggs!! Easter is coming. Hint, hint.
Love you,
Mom