Just to get this out of the way immediately, I was getting really frustrated with the length of my hair (it was flipping out way too much) last week, and on thursday afternoon I actually took my pocket knife (which has scissors) to it.
Before:

And After:
Not too bad I hope?
Anyways, Pskov. We left at 7am (ugh) and rode in a double-decker bus forever. Or 6 hours? Still, awful. And bumpy. We visited the Pskov Kremlin, which everyone was too tired to pay full attention to, and then ate lunch at a hotel and hung out outside for a bit. The riverbank outside was awesome, and there were frogs EVERYWHERE. Seriously. I was skipping rocks and a man called me a crazy person. I stopped. Then we found a little frog hanging out inside a hatched robin's egg. How awesome is that? Needless to say, I took a few of pictures of that.
THEN, we went to our actual hotel, which turned out to be another 2 hour drive away. Luckily, when we got there, all we did was eat dinner and then have the night to ourselves. That didn't mean a ton though, simply because we were in an extremely rural town. (Think Dundas. Now shrink it.)
The next day, we toured the area where Pushkin had been exiled to, as well as a little mill area. Jarlath made friends with the mill workers and ended up drinking with them that night.
What's the important thing here?
Oh yeah, banya. I totally FINALLY went to a banya. Took me long enough, right? It was pretty awesome. It even included swimming in the Coldest pool in the world. Coldest.
Also yesterday I went to a castle and drank fresh spring water. And sat in a bus for another 7 or 8 hours.
And today? No school. Unfortunately, due to my Yota breaking (thank you Nadya for SITTING ON IT (while it was plugged into my computer, thus breaking it in half), I probably will not have internet in the evening tonight. Igor's wireless modem works off and on, but 90% of the time it's no good. Such is Russia I guess.
But hey, it's May now! I'm leaving in 19 days, and I'll be home in 30. Update: my flight actually gets into MSP at 6:55, not 8:55. Do we want to start taking bids on who will get me? Also, what will be for dinner? This is important, people.
Evan

No comments:
Post a Comment